The spinach “wilts” when the dressing is poured over, so be sure the dressing is hot. For a less hearty salad, omit the cheese and the nuts.
- 2 tbs “Hot” Joy’s Chile Jam
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp Salsa Mix
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed/crisped/chopped
- 1 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, sliced 1/4″
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
Saute the bacon until crisp, remove and drain. Add the Salsa Mix to the bacon fat and saute for a couple of minutes. Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, and jam. Mix the spinach, onion, cauliflower, and cheese. Toss with the vinegar mixture. Reheat the bacon mixture, pour over the spinach and toss well. Top with the nuts and bacon and serve.